Monday 4 August 2014

Day 9 Sunday rest day

Woke up late as usual its hot, hot, hot and the horns are beeping outside. Coffee for breakfast then sat around the apartment reading books.
Polly went out to Old Delhi and later in the day the new volunteer will be arriving. ASHA had asked if we would be around to meet him on arrival.

Went out on the bike up to RK Purham sector 6 which is about 5/6 miles away to the ASHA office to try and find out when Stuart was arriving. ASHA office was closed...oops. Anyway I had seen a roadside shop I wanted to visit a few day before just up the road from ASHA. (Dorothy stop reading now)

Anyway good old Indian style I went against the traffic on the edge of the road (compare the road to Townwall Street). tooting the horn and riding through the market stalls to where I wanted to go, needless to say Mrs G was doing her nut on the back. When in India......

The stall makes metal  from sheet galvanized steel. I had seen one I liked so asked the price.......wait for it 400R - £4 (picture below). Hiding my joy I asked if they made boxes.Yes was the reply and one similar to the one I was looking at 500R - £5 made in 24 hours. OMG

I took his business card and said I was going to made some calculations.

We then went back to the apartment tooting away with the Union Jack helmet going with the traffic. What must they think of me. Stuart was at the flat so we spend the next 90 minutes filling him in on the house rules, Indian rules, teaching and everything else we could think of.

Out we went again this time in the opposite way on the airport road to a mall called Big Bazaar. Inside was the Delhi Triumph motorcycle dealer. They even had a Tiger 800XC in the showroom. They had a KFC and bar with a super happy hour - by one get three free. Sadly I was driving. We then went into the Big Bazaar and Mrs G bought some more Indian clothes and we found some resources to help teach. Bought a bag of Kasmiri chilli powder (78p), Chai teabags and some bits for the apartment.

I paid the 15p parking charge and rode home.

The afternoon was reading and chatting veg omelettes for tea (again). I didn't feel my best so I went to bed and left Mrs G to Plan for Monday.
Had a good 11 hour sleep.

Honda Hero Impulse 150cc. Please note the Indian protective sandals shirt

with Union Jack helmet

My £4 metal box to be put inside my luggage for the trip home.



No comments:

Post a Comment