Tuesday 23 July 2013

India day 21 and home

Well folks we are home now and work looms tomorrow.

But to catch up on the last couple of days. Following the last day at the Hotel Amrit Villa we took a taxi to the Vassant Continental and they were a little surprised at the state of me when I asked to check-in. Was wearing a very dirty t-shirt and all bearded and worn looking. The Monsoon has really come down on Saturday and the news was reporting wide spread flooding around the city. They reckon 30% more rain fell that day and it was the heaviest rain for 10 years. Anyway we had beer and went swimming in the rain.

Evening meal was at a restaurant called Barbecue Nation where we grilled the food at our table. Very cool and very filling. The food was with Simon and his Indian friend Freddie. Freddie had a sari made for Alison whilst we were travelling and he had done a brilliant job and as soon as I saw it I knew she would love it. Silk and her favourite colour (Purple).

Now I was struggling a little bit with toothache and my gum was quite swollen around my crown. I suspected an abscess or similar but with only hours to go till the plane I was going to sort it out in the UK. Now Freddie released I was I pain and dosed up on Paracetamol. He phoned a doctor he knows from the restaurant (at 8pm) and passed the phone to me, I explained the problem. Freddie and him then chatted in Hindi and he wrote down on the placemat a prescription for anti-biotics and pain killers. When we left the restaurant we went to a 24hr chemist and obtained the drugs which I started there and then. By morning swelling was down and pain was virtually gone. As I write this at home everything is sorted but still have 3 more days of anti-biotics left. How cool was that experience? Something always come along in India.

So the next morning we had breakfast with Simon said our goodbyes and went to airport in an Ambassador Cab


The flight home was Ok and landed slightly early. Collected the car and went home. Surreal as its sounds we both commented how it doesn't actually like we have been away. Anyway family was glad to see me, got myself a good cup of coffee and as I was still on Delhi time went to bed (with snuggles).

I plan to put a good selection of photos on Facebook as an album but as I have 12GB of photos and video it will take a while. Andy has already posted a few.
say now India is a truly incredible place and if you ever get the chance to visit do not waste that opportunity. INCREDIBLE INDIA


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment